BTEC Introductory Diploma in Construction
Three core units:
Starting Work in Construction
Working in Construction
Developing Skills and Working Safely in Construction
Select two of the following Personal Skills units:
Social Responsibility at Work
Select three of the following specialist units:
Developing Joinery Skills
Developing Trowel Skills
Developing Painting and Decorating Skills
Developing Building Services Skills
Exploring the Built Environment
Basic Building Maintenance
This qualification has been accredited at level 1 in the National Qualifications
Units delivered by Colleg Morganwg will be:
Developing Trowel skills
Developing Painting and Decorating skills.
The BTEC Introductory Certificate and Diploma in Construction are designed to:
• Attract learners to the construction and building services engineering sectors and offer opportunities for learners to develop a range of employability skills and techniques.
• Understanding, personal qualities and attitudes essential for success in working life, develop and enhance learners’ ability in areas of construction and building services engineering through effective use and combination of the knowledge and skills gained in different parts of the qualifications.
• Provide specialised studies directly relevant to construction, building services and related sectors in which learners are working or intend to seek employment.
• Provide a stepping stone into employment in the construction industry where some previous experience is necessary to gain initial employment.
• Provide a suitable qualification for learners to progress on to a range of further study at levels 1 and 2 and to a Level 2 Apprenticeship.
For Past Papers click here